QuickBooks is versatile accounting software mostly utilized by small and medium-sized businesses. It has several astounding features and advanced technologies to manage the finances and monitor the work with ease. However, it also helps users to meet their business goals in a very short span. But there are times when such innovative accounting software confronts technical errors that can affect business workflow. One common error that has recently been reported by many users is QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816. This post has a comprehensive fixing guide that assists users to solve this particular error code soon. Thus, read and learn!
What Does The QuickBooks Error -6190 -816 Mean?
QuickBooks Error -6190 -816 is a technical error that usually been arisen when you attempt opening a company file on your PC. The error message “QuickBooks was unable to open the file (path) on host computer” pops up on your Windows screen. When this happens to you, you will be prevented from accessing your QuickBooks Company Files. The situation may make you furious as you can’t access the files for managing and maintaining your financial activities.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816
- Your Windows Operating System will respond late to inputs and run very slowly.
- Computer gets freeze.
- The error codes 6190 and 816 will be performed on your screen while accessing any application.
- The current running program will be getting crash.
- Windows may run sluggishly.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816?
Either of the QuickBooks Error 6190 or QuickBooks Error 816 may appear due to several reasons. Here is why it occurs:
- Most probably, the Transaction Log File (TLG) is not matched with the company file you tried to open.
- Update failure could also be the one possible cause for the appearance of QuickBooks Error -6190 And -816 In Windows 10. When you update the company file even without updating the transaction file, in such case it will show this error.
- When you use the company files in Single User Mode, then also such a specific error code appears.
- Another possible reason could be data corruption in QuickBooks data files.
Different Prominent Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816
It is quite easy and less time-consuming to sort out the QuickBooks Pro Desktop Support Error Code -6190 And -816. When you have strong technical knowledge, with less effort you can fix this issue. Furthermore, in the below section, we have compiled the hands-free effective solutions that will walk you to get rid of it. You don’t need to try all the fixes. Just work your way down and get your infuriated QuickBooks Error code -816 resolved from the root. Let’s begin:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool will allow you to cope with the QuickBooks error 6190. So, here’s how to use it:
- In the very beginning, visit the official site of Intuit to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Now, give assurance that you are logged in as a Windows Administrator and thereafter run the tool.
- Two options will pop up on the system:
- Both File Damage and Connectivity.
- Network Connectivity only.
- You are always suggested to opt for the very first option i.e., Both File Damage and Connectivity. The option will detect the damaged file and permit you to resolve QuickBooks Error -6190 -816.
- Afterward, provide your admin password on being prompted.
- You will be further asked if the company file is stored on a Workstation or Server.
- If the file is on the Server, tap “Yes” otherwise click the “No” tab.
- Finally, select “Proceed” to move ahead.
After ending up the complete procedure, if the QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816 yet persists, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Fix The Mismatch File
In this guideline, you are suggested to use the same operating system on which the company file is already saved. However, to rectify the company damaged files, you should rename the.ND and TLG files. Here’s what you should perform for the same:
- First and foremost, you have to find and open the Company Folder.
- Afterward, search for the company file you tried to open earlier. The TLG file and company file will have the same name but their extensions should be different. They are like:
- Now, identify the company file to rename it. Once you find the company file, you need to place a right-click on it and then select the “Rename” tab.
- Now, you need to enter any new name or just add “OLD” at the end of the same to change the name.
- Note: Do not delete or change extension or “qbw. nd” which is at the end of the company file. For Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Similarly, rename the transaction log file even without eliminating the extension.
- Afterward, click “Exit” to exit from the option.
- And then, open QuickBooks
- Log in to the company file to access it extensively.
Hopefully, this piece of information helps you to resolve your QuickBooks issue. If unfortunately, the same error exists, continue following the next solution.
Solution 3: Check For The Single User Mode
When unknowingly any of you access the company file in single mode, one may get stuck with QuickBooks Error 6190. To annihilate it quickly, it is required to perform the following steps. But before attempting it is also imperative to ensure that no user is logged in the QuickBooks Data File. Once you are confirmed, you can begin the below-noted steps:
- Restart the computer system.
- Copy data file to the desktop or any other location apart from its source.
- Again, copy the data file to its original location.
- Now, enter the correct credentials to sign in to QuickBooks.
- If this doesn’t work, go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Update Windows
Try updating your Windows to its latest available updates to eradicate QuickBooks Error 6190 And 816. Here’s what you should go through:
- Update the Window.
- Restart your computer once the updates get done.
- Now, install QuickBooks again on your Windows PC.
- Afterward, feel free to access your company file of QuickBooks in your system.
Hopefully, this time your problem might be resolved.
Consult Our Tech Specialist To Solve QuickBooks Error -6190 -816
Wasn’t the solving instructions of QuickBooks Error -6190 -816 beneficial for you? Need a more advanced technical guide to fix this issue? If so, call us at the 24/7 online support number. We are an extremely talented and well-qualified team of professionals who are always active to respond your call. We are open round the clock to lend you a helpful hand at your doorstep with 100% satisfaction. Hence, dial the given number and stay connected hassle-freely until the error gets rectified completely from top-to-toe.