The world is evolving and the way we manage accounts should also evolve, that’s what exactly QuickBooks is doing. Developed by one of the leading software company Intuit, QuickBooks has come a long way in facilitating people with managing their businesses by supporting them through prompt QuickBooks financial accounting solution. Whether you want to track your income, expenses, prepare invoices, or want to manage payroll functions, QuickBooks can do it all for you.
However, in several instances, the accountants and businesspeople report that their QuickBooks is down and not running may be due to a corrupted or damaged company file, network errors, and outdated QuickBooks version. If you are also facing a similar challenge then this blog will be of much help as we are going to cover a built-in troubleshooting tool, known as QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD). Some of you might have heard its name before or would have used it to fix some I or QuickBooks problems, but here in this blog post, you will learn the insights of the QBFD tool to use QuickBooks to the max.
So, let’s get rolling with what is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, its benefits, installation steps, and how to use the diagnostic tool to fix a damaged company file and network errors. For any queries regarding QuickBooks or if any doubt stems up in your mind then you can connect with the professional QuickBooks support team and get the prompt solution to the problem.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
QuickBooks File Doctor is a built-in diagnostic tool developed especially to deal with the bugs that trigger company file corruption (can’t open company files), network hiccups, and hampers the smooth functioning of QuickBooks accounting software. Having said that, the users don’t have to face the turmoils while managing their finances and won’t scare of accounting errors. Besides, running the QBFD tool can also help you when you see some nastiest QuickBooks errors such as error code -6000, QB error 6150, error code 82, or QuickBooks error code H202 , H101, etc.
List of errors that QuickBooks File Doctor resolves
Here are some of the most common problems that the QBFD tool resolves quite easily. However, you shouldn’t be restricted to use the tool to only fix these errors, instead, you can use QB File Doctor to deal with a plethora of other QuickBooks problems as well.
- QuickBooks won’t open company file.
- Repairing a damaged company file.
- Missing or black customer or employee’s list.
- QuickBooks error -6150.
- QuickBooks error code -6000 -82.
- Error -6000 -301.
- Error code -6000 -305.
- QuickBooks error -6147.
- QuickBooks error -6130.
- QuickBooks network error H101.
- Error H202.
- Error code H303 and QuickBooks error H505.
Proven benefits of using QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- QBFD tool resolves the network errors with codes H101, H202, and others of the same series.
- It is highly beneficial in dealing with 6000 series errors.
- If you have lost essential QuickBooks data, no worries QuickBooks file doctor is here to help.
- In case you are not able to access a company file stored on another computer, then also doctor tool can help.
How Do I Fix Corrupted Company File And Network Errors With QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
After knowing the capabilities and benefits of the File Doctor tool, you would be wondering how to install it on your system and fix the company file issues and network problems on the QuickBooks desktop. Here are the steps to install the tool, but before installing make sure your system satisfies the following configurations.
- For better experience use Windows 10, 64-bit OS.
- Ensure your system is having sufficient RAM to store the File Doctor tool.
- Log in to Windows as an administrator.
- For multi-user diagnosis, ensure that the QuickBooks hosting mode is switched on.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
Now let’s head over to the steps to download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool
Step 1. Download and install the QuickBooks tool hub
- Firstly, save company files and close QuickBooks.
- Now you may download the QuickBooks tool hub (version 184.108.40.206) from the official QuickBooks website. To check your Tool Hub version, go to Home, click About to view the version.
- Go to the Download folder in File Explorer and locate QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Right-click over the file and click Run.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions, agree to the license agreement including T&C.
- Once done, the QuickBooks Tool Hub should appear on the desktop.
- Can’t find it on a desktop? No worries, go to the search bar, type QuickBooks tool hub and you will get it.
Step 2. Choose to Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Now open Tool hub.
- Go to Company file issues and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- If it doesn’t open then you will need to search for it manually and follow the remaining steps.
- Once the File Doctor tool opens, you will need to choose the company filed by clicking over the Browse and Search option.
- Now click Check your file and click Continue.
- Now enter the QuickBooks admin password and click Next to start scanning QuickBooks for errors.
- Once the process finishes, you can open the QuickBooks company file and the problem should resolve.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
QuickBooks File Doctor tool types
QBFD tools are typically categorized into two different types and those are.
- QuickBooks built-in file doctor tool – It is available for QuickBooks desktop 2016 or later version.
- QuickBooks file doctor standalone version – This QBFD tool type is only used where the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed.
The subsequent section will make you learn more about these categories. Feast your eyes on it, and choose the one that suits your business needs.
Steps to Use Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Built-in QB File Doctor tool specializes in identifying the errors automatically and troubleshoot them thereafter. Once you open the QBFD window, you will need to click the start button and follow the below instructions.
- Click the file menu and select Utilities.
- Now click the Repair file and network problems option to launch QuickBooks file doctor.
- You can simply browse the corrupted company file name that needs repair.
- Navigate to the Show Advanced Settings menu and click Next.
- Enter the admin name in the username checkbox, enter the password and click Ok.
Steps to Use the Standalone Version of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Install the latest version of the QuickBooks doctor tool.
- Make sure to completely uninstall the previous version before downloading the latest version.
- Browse the corrupted company file that needs to be fixed.
- Click over Check File Damage Only Option and click Diagnose File button.
- Now if you are facing QuickBooks error 6000, then choose Open the file in a new version of QuickBooks. While choosing the second option (Repair the file for your existing version of QuickBooks), to fix network errors having series H101, H202, and alike.
- Now enter the Admin name and password, click Next to process further.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions to fix company file corruption and network problems.
Also Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215?
Get Help From QuickBooks Experts to Fix Corrupted Company File and Network Issues
Well, now you can start using the QuickBooks file doctor tool hassle-free and let it repair the corrupted QuickBooks company files and fix the network errors. If still you finding trouble using the tool or couldn’t force the standalone or build-in File Doctor tool version to work, then you should get in touch with the experts at QuickBooks support and avail of their prompt services.