Facing QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118? Know how to fix it!
The QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 is an error that occurs when entitlement DataStore.ECML in the QuickBooks system file gets damaged. It contains the license properties of QuickBooks Desktop. The external issues causing QuickBooks error 3371 cannot prevent. The error message pops up in the form of “could not initialize license properties”. This message comes in the dialog box when you click on the Ok option, another box appears.
Sometimes in a hurry, while shutting down the computer some software is running in the background which causes this trouble. You may see the QuickBooks error code when you try to open QuickBooks fails to sync the license properties.
- 1 The QuickBooks Error 3371 message can appear as:
- 2 What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 3371?
- 3 Tips to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118.
- 4 Advance troubleshoot for QuickBooks error 3371
- 5 Conclusion
The QuickBooks Error 3371 message can appear as:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371 – caused due to missing files or damaged files. QuickBooks cannot load the license data.
- Could not initialize license properties. [error 3371, Status code – 11118] – QuickBooks could not load the license data. Caused because of damaged or missing files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [error:3371, Status code-1] – The license properties cannot loaded by QuickBooks due to missing or damaged files.
Also Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215?
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 3371?
It comes with various symptoms and problems that cause QuickBooks error 3371.
- Crash com error in QuickBooks desktop
- Damaged files located in the system can cause damage to QBregistration.dat every time you start your system
- Losing connection to the QuickBooks data file
- There is a performance issue that causes error 3371 in QuickBooks desktop
- A problem occurring with printing, emailing, or saving as PDF from QuickBooks desktop.
- Other symptoms may appear as the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error.
- Error code 80029c4a.
- The broken MSXML component that relates to the Windows operating system that is required to run QuickBooks desktop software.
- Sometimes the anti-virus program blocks the QuickBooks desktop which stops the sync with the important windows component which is required by QuickBooks.
- Not updating or half-update can cause trouble as the components of the window become outdated and this leads to multiple problems for the QuickBooks desktop.
- While installing and repairing the QuickBooks you may come across errors like QuickBooks error 1603, QuickBooks error 1903, QuickBooks error 1722, QuickBooks error 1904.
Tips to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118.
- Before troubleshooting the problem, it is essential to update windows of the latest release.
- After the update, if you are still coming across QuickBooks Error 3371 then it is the message that your Windows operating system is corrupted.
- Given steps are the fixes that you can apply to solve the issue.
1- Install the latest windows update
- It is important to install the latest update anyway and, in this case, most important.
- You can install the windows update by selecting all programs and clicking on the windows update
2- Update Windows OS
- This is an important step which is done by clicking on the start button.
- After this step select all programs and click on windows update.
- Click on check for updates after that
- Update QB desktop and reinstall it
3- Removal of ECML file
- Press Windows +R simultaneously on the keyboard.
- After that Enter ‘C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8’ in the window
- Window explorer will open with an above-mentioned address
- Now Remove the ECML file by deleting it.
- Now Close the window and run QuickBooks and register the item again
4- Renamed Entitlement file
For Windows 7 users
- Go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*”.
- Rename the entitlement file
- After starting QB, a new file will get created
- To unhide the program data file, follow the given steps
- Select computer > select organize & choose folder > search options
- After this click on hidden files and folders
- To know whether the QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved open QuickBooks
For Windows XP Users
- Click on the Start button and choose the run option
- Now enter the path Entitlement DataStore.ECML file: “C.Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”
- Click the OK button
- After that Rename Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
Advance troubleshoot for QuickBooks error 3371
If the above-mentioned solutions do not help then you can re-create the further Damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
You can fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
The above-mentioned solution fixes this problem easily by updating your windows system. Rename the entitlement file and install the latest updates of windows. You can contact experts who can give a quick fix to QuickBooks error code 3371. Solve this issue today so that you can smoothly work tomorrow.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You must upgrade your Windows operating system in order to resolve issue 3371 error code 11118 in QuickBooks. Select ‘All Programs’ and then ‘Windows Update’ and following the update installation, just select ‘Install QuickBooks’. Then after, dismiss this window, and then attempt to re-run your QuickBooks program. If this is not done, you will be prompted to re-register the product.
To begin resolving a QuickBooks licensing problem, you must first shut down the QuickBooks desktop program. Following that, you open the task manager and terminate the.exe process. Click on execute after navigating to the entitlement data folder. Enter the path of the file and press the enter key on your keyboard. Delete the ECML file by right-clicking on it. Open your business file and register the QuickBooks program after removing the ECML file.
To eliminate entitlements in QuickBooks, close any open instances of the program. Additionally, ensure that there are no QuickBooks activities operating in the background. This may be determined by navigating via the “Task Manager” on your screen. Following that, go to the “Entitlement data folder” appropriate for your Windows operating system and QuickBooks version. On your keyboard, hit the Windows + R keys. This command will open the Run dialog box. Then, go to the desired area and press the “Enter” key. Right-click the “ECML” file; pick the “Delete” button, and then confirm your operation by clicking the Yes button.
To do a clean install of QuickBooks desktop, uninstall QuickBooks. To begin, go to the Windows Start menu. Conduct a search for File Explorer and then open it. Locate and access the folder in which your QuickBooks business files are stored. Change the folder name by right-clicking it and adding the word “old” at the end of the folder name. When you uninstall and subsequently reinstall QuickBooks Desktop, this stops QuickBooks from launching.
You may upgrade QuickBooks Software to resolve QuickBooks problem codes. While QuickBooks is open, press or keep holding the Ctrl key. and then click the Help key to make a QB’s update. Select an Update Option from the ‘Update QuickBooks’ screen. Select the new, most recent features and then click the Update option. Quit the program after the update is complete.