QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop are powerful products and both have been introduced by Intuit. However, both have numerous strong astounding features that make accounting work simple and easy. QuickBooks has always been utilized by small or medium-sized businesses to manage financial records. But opting for the best one in-between QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop would be a complicated task. Especially when we know that the same Company offers these two amazing accounting software products. Thus, many users are getting confused while choosing the products.
That’s why; here we will show you the real differences between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. We compare each product’s features, pricing, user experience, customer support, reputation, and more. So, it will be easy for you to choose the software as per your choice and your business requirement. Let’s read and learn!
How To Compare QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop?
Here, we Compare QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop and have collected eight key differences between them. All are listed underneath; take a glimpse of those noted points:
1- Cloud-Based VS Locally-Installed
The biggest dissimilarity between QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop is – QuickBooks Online is cloud-based and runs over the Internet whereas already been downloaded and installed QuickBooks Desktop on a computer. There is no requirement for a good internet connection for accessing QuickBooks Desktop. Although, you can’t access the software remotely unless you pay extra for hosting. Furthermore, the software can also be flawlessly accessible on mobile applications.
QuickBooks Online is cloud-based and works only when your system has strong internet speed. This is the reason why the security and safety of the product should be taken better care of by Intuit. On the other hand, QuickBooks Desktop is pre-installed, so the program might be at risk. Such software has the potential to be more secure, thus you are responsible for security measures.
3- Pricing Structure
Another difference is, QuickBooks Online has a monthly pricing structure whereas QuickBooks Desktop has a licensing structure. You can buy a license for QuickBooks Desktop more frequently as that will be valid for three years. Moreover, you can pay for yearly updates as well, but unfortunately, there are no monthly payment options.
4- Maximum Users Allowed
When using QuickBooks Online, up to 25 users will be allowed to operate. However, the number of users can be selected depending on the pricing plan. You also may have an unlimited number of time-tracking users. While user licenses for QuickBooks Desktop Pro cost $299 each, which is a bit abrupt. Such a software program limit for users is max three. QuickBooks Desktop Premier caps out at five users, and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise caps out at 30 users. These QuickBooks products offer strong user permissions.
While QuickBooks Online and Desktop have several fruitful features, In general, QuickBooks Desktop’s features are technically more advanced and developed as compared to QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online has an effort-free online banking connectivity feature that matches the bank and credit card transactions with expenses. On the other hand, QuickBooks Desktop provides automatic bank feeds so you can connect and download transactions regularly.
6- Available Automations
QuickBooks Online has comparatively more automation than QuickBooks Desktop, which allows business organizers to manage their books more efficiently. However, because QBO is cloud-based, your entire information (like bank or credit card data) is being synced in real-time.
7- Learning Curve
A variety of short video tutorials are available, also have on-demand webinars and virtual training options. Both applications have an easy setup process as well, so you can freely run in a very short span. Since, both QuickBooks Online and Desktop proffer the same support service to their users. However, both the applications can have long waiting times for the response. But you will get instant 24/7 support when you purchase either QuickBooks Online Advanced or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
8- Access To Capital
Another Benefits Of QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop is that only online users have access to Capital One.
Which Is The Best For My Business: QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop?
If you are looking for top-quality accounting software for managing your business finances, keep your eyes feast at the below. Here, we will explain to you which one QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop should choose for your business needs.
1- Go With QuickBooks Online If
- You need software that is easy to learn and access.
- Want to access your accounting remotely or directly on the mobile apps.
- You want time-saving automation and real-time sync with your bank and credit card.
- Payment processing integrations needed. This helps your customers to directly pay invoices online.
- You need international invoicing.
- You want access to QuickBooks Capital One lending.
2- Go With QuickBooks Desktop If
- You Search for locally installed accounting software.
- Need the industry-specific features of QuickBooks Desktop Premier or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- Need sales orders.
- You have composite accounting.
However, if you are a Mac user, feel free to choose QuickBooks Desktop. The main difference between QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop Mac is QuickBooks Online only supports Windows, whereas Desktop supports Mac.
What Features Are Being Offered By QuickBooks Online
Features of QuickBooks Online are depending on the plan you have chosen for the subscription. Features vary from plan to plan, so before availing of any QuickBooks, an Online plan investigates properly. Though, one basic feature proffered by QuickBooks Online is easy online banking connectivity. This feature allows users to make credit card transactions anonymously. Other fruitful features are:
- Accounting: QuickBooks Online offers limited accounting ability in their specified plan. In general, almost around 250 accounts are considered in their standard plan. The automatic reconciliation feature makes it easy to bring bank balances together along with the general ledger. Moreover, a budget feature is also available to trouble-freely create monthly, quarterly, or annual budgets.
- Sales: QuickBooks Online offers a sales feature that allows you to keep tracking your customers, generate custom invoices, and make hassle-free payments. You can also generate a payment link for your customers to pay online without confronting any technical glitch.
- Expenses: This feature lets you frequently track all of your business expenses just from a single screen. You will also have an option to pay bills electronically. Furthermore, you will also get a chance to view the status of any bill by the merchant or by the due date.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15227?
What Features Are Being Offered At QuickBooks Desktop
The most real feature of the QuickBooks Desktop is its use of centers, which provide a central point for all activity. Other helpful features are:
- The Vendor Center: This is the top-rated feature allowing you to manage all vendor activity. From the initial entry of vendor details to the entire information of each vendor, you will get to know. Using Bill Tracker you can view all recently paid bills, the current bills, or pay bills that are due. You can see these things with the options to pay bills by check, ACH transfer, or credit card.
- One-Stop Customer Center: With this, you can manage your customers. Furthermore, having the ability to create invoices, process customer statements, record payments, and process sales orders as well as a sales receipt.
- Inventory: Such an inventory module offers to manage solid inventory. Advanced inventory facilities such as low stock alert notification, adjust reorder levels, track product, and custom fields for tracking information.
After having a glimpse of their features, you can compare QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop. And thereafter can finally decide which software among them is better for your business.
For More Info, Dial 24/7 Support Number
Not satisfied with the above pieces of information regarding QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop? Want to learn more about the prolific software individually? Just place a single call at the given helpline number. Professionals will provide you with correct information so it will be easy to select the beneficial one for your business requirements.