QuickBooks is the most innovative accounting software launched by Intuit specifically famous for small or medium-sized businesses. It is being utilized by millions of users around the globe as it makes the business managing tasks incredibly smooth. Though, like other software applications, QuickBooks too has technical errors and glitches at times. In this post, we discuss in detail QuickBooks Error Code 6123. Thus, continue reading to learn why it happens and how to resolve it soon.
When QuickBooks Error Code 6123 Occurs?
Being a regular QuickBooks user, opening a company file, upgrading QuickBooks, and restoring the backup is day-to-day life work. But at the same time, it is not sure that you can do these tasks without confronting any error issues. Yes, my friend! You may confront QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0 while opening the Company File. Even Though you can also face the same problem when you upgrade QB with the latest version and while restoring the backup.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
Furthermore, you can see the following error message when attempting to open a company file over a network in multi-user environments:
- QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0
- Connection to the QuickBooks Company File has been lost.
Possible Reasons For QuickBooks Error Code 6123
When a user tries to restore QuickBooks company files right from the backup hard disk, a QuickBooks Error Code 6123 pops up. Also, it could arise while opening a company file directly from the multi-network server. Here’s is the list of causes for which the QB error 6123 appears:
- QuickBooks data files or company files are damaged.
- Most probably, your firewall security has blocked a port which is essential for communicating with server hosting company files.
- Your Windows OS is probably damaged.
- Several versions of the QuickBooks database service are running simultaneously which may cause QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0.
- Corruption in Windows File Registry.
- Interference of third-party software.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123
The comprehensive instructions for solving QuickBooks Error Code 6123 are noted below. So, let’s follow the proffered troubleshooting guidance one after another:
Solution 1: Download The QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is an error-rectifier tool helping users to identify the exact error and fix it from the root. Here’s how to download and use it:
- First, Download & Run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your Windows PC.
- Next, search for the QB Company File in your operating system.
- Afterward, select the “Check File Damage Only” option.
- And then, select the “Diagnose File” option.
- Now, type the “Admin Password” correctly & then press the “OK” button.
- Afterward, select the ‘Open File’ option in the Newer Version of QB or ‘Repair File’ in the existing version.
- Follow the remaining steps that are displayed on the screen.
- After completing all these steps, Reboot/restart your computer system once.
Now, try opening a Company file in QBs, this time you may not face QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0. But if it appears yet, proceed to the next solving guide.
Solution 2: Rename The .ND Including .TLG File
The QB Error Code 6123 can also be exterminated when you rename the.ND along with the.TLG file. Here’s the complete procedure you should go through:
- First, you have to open the folder in which the company file is stored.
- Thereafter, select the link.ND file of your company.
- After that, place a right-click on the company file and then choose the “Rename” option.
- Now, rename the.ND file to “.ND.OLD” also choose the.TLG file and then rename it with “.TLG. OLD”.
- Finally, launch your QuickBooks Company File to check if the error is been resolved or not.
If the error 6123,0 persists, continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Transfer Your QB Company File
If you fail to start the QuickBooks Company file even after implementing solution 2, try moving it to another place. After transferring the company file successfully from one place to another, you can start or open it. If a host connection is being used by you, copy that file first from the computer and thereafter open it. The QuickBooks Error Code 6123 may get dissolved this time. If not, continue to the next solution.
Solution 4: Disable The System Security Software
If you are using McAfee or any other antivirus programs for your system protection, then deactivate it for the time being. Security software indeed interrupts the company file as it treats them as malware or viruses. Thus, because of identifying them as a virus or multiple threats, you may not open your own QuickBooks company file. In such circumstances, you need to disable the antivirus program temporarily and then open the company file. Sometimes, this method is probably helpful in fixing the error code 6123, 0.
Solution 5: Reinstall The QuickBooks Application
A corrupt installation of QuickBooks may trigger QuickBooks Error Code 6123. So, try fresh reinstalling your QBs application in your Windows. Here’s how:
- To execute this method, you have to first uninstall the current running QuickBooks from the “Control Panel”. Also, make sure you have your product and license info.
- Afterward, download the newest version of QB on your system or use your QuickBooks installation CD (If you have).
- Now, Install the QuickBooks in normal mode.
- After complete installation, enter your Product ID and License Number in the correct format into the required field.
- Once you provide these credentials, your QBs will be registered for sure. And also, it gets activated and ready to use.
- Now, try to open your company file in QuickBooks to check for the QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0.
Solution 6: Generate A New Window User
A current Windows User Login might be corrupted or faulty due to which QuickBooks Error Code 6123 occurs. So, fix it simply by creating a new Windows user. Here’s how:
- In the very beginning step, open “Control Panel” on your Windows Desktop.
- Now, in the next step, select the “Create New User Choice” option in the “User” icon.
- After that, choose the “Administrator” for user type.
- Log out from the existing Windows user.
- Then, restart your computer and log in with new user credentials.
- Move your company file to the desktop.
- In the end, open QuickBooks and try to access the company file. If it is opening without any disruption, great! Otherwise, move to the next solving method.
Solution 7: Remove Characters From The File Name
Here’s what you should do:
- Make the Company File Name with 30 characters or less.
- Do not mention any special characters or spaces in the file name.
Solution 8: Download And Execute Quick Fix My Program
If you found none of the above solutions effective in a way to annihilate QuickBooks Error 6123, don’t feel disheartened! Simply, download the QBs Tool Hub in your system and utilize the Quick Fix my Program. The required steps involved are mentioned beneath:
- Initially, close QuickBooks if it is currently running on your Windows PC.
- Now, download the recent version of the QuickBooks tool hub and also save the file where you can easily remember.
- Afterward, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen guided instructions accurately to install it.
- Accept the license agreement after reading carefully.
- Now, double-tap the icon on the Windows desktop to open the QB tool hub.
- Now, in the QuickBooks tool hub, select the “Program Problems” option.
- And then, click the “Quick Fix my Program” link. It takes a couple of minutes to run.
- After the process is done till the end, open QuickBooks and verify that the issue is fixed.
Solution 9: Create A Portable Company File
You can use this method only when you confront QuickBooks Error 6123 while restoring a backup .qbb on a new system. Here’s how to create a portable company file:
- First, open QuickBooks on the same computer on which you used to create the backup of the company file.
- And then, open the original company file.
- Afterward, create a portable copy of the company file.
- Then, open QuickBooks desktop on the new PC.
- In the end, restore the company file using a portable copy despite the backup file.
Also Read: How Do I Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
Contact Dexterous Techies For One-Stop Support Solution
We just hope the aforementioned fixing methods help cope with QuickBooks Error Code 6123. In case you want additional info, call us at the 24/7 helpline number. The well-certified and extremely talented specialist will contact you and proffer you technical assistance. With their help and guidance, it is 100% guaranteed, the error will be sorted out.