The QuickBooks accounting software has gained much popularity among business owners today. It has become a single destination for proper management of financial matters that aid in the effective working of a business. But like other software and solutions, QuickBooks is also not immune from any bugs and errors. Technical glitches are common, and they can occur at any moment when you are using them. QuickBooks error 6073 arises during those times when users open a company file. It is a QuickBooks 6000 error code series, which also suggests that a different user might have launched the company file. In this post, you’ll find the various causes and resolutions for it.
Symptoms of Intuit QuickBooks Error 6073
You can be sure of this error occurring when you notice the symptoms described below. So, be alert when you observe the following signs.
- QB error message 6073 flashes on your screen.
- You are unable to open or launch your financial records because of it.
- QB error 6073 makes an active window crash and brings down the performance of your device.
- Your PC freezes at frequent intervals of time for some seconds. It is an outcome of error 6073.
What Are the Causes for QuickBooks Error 6073?
QuickBooks error 6073 99001 is a result of varied technical glitches. The possible reasons for it are given below.
- Your file is open on a different computer when multi-user mode has been disabled.
- This error can also arise when there is a file in a read-only network folder.
- QB error 6073 also occurs if you access the file with the aid of remote software. When you do this, the host system thinks that you are still logged on.
- If you use a Linux server to host the files, then also this error can arise. When more than one login credential is used to sign in to the shared folder, it results in this error.
The Different Methods to Fix Error 6073 in QuickBooks when You Access the Company File
There are various ways to resolve QuickBooks error-6073. Many of them can help you eliminate this problem and use your software efficiently for your work.
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is an ingenious tool that can fix problems associated with the company file. You can easily download it from Intuit’s official website. Then, run it to resolve the data damage. Go through the steps below to use this tool.
- Download the current version of the QuickBooks tool hub. Save the downloaded file on your system.
- Now, open this file.
- Adhere to the directions on-screen for installing and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-tap on the Windows desktop icon to open the tool hub.
- Now, choose the tab of ‘Company file issues’ from the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Click on the tab of ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor.’
- Choose the option of ‘Company File’ from the drop-down menu. If you cannot locate it, choose the option of ‘Browse.’
- Now, choose the option of ‘Check your file’ and tap ‘Continue.’
- Now type in the admin password. tap ‘Next.’
Fix the QB error 6073 manually
There are various scenarios in the QuickBooks software that can lead to this error code. Thus, you should conduct different troubleshooting methods that are specific to a particular scenario.
1- When you are trying to launch the file on a different system in single-user mode.
- Exit the QB desktop on all the systems. Then, launch the company file via the host computer.
- Navigate to ‘File’ and turn to Multi-User mode.
- Reboot every workstation if the QB error 6073 occurs again.
2- The company file is in single-user mode and is open on the host computer.
- Exit the company file and then open it again.
- Choose the option of ‘Open’ or ‘Restore Company’ from ‘File.’
- Launch a company file and tap ‘Next.’
- Choose the company file you want to access and then choose ‘Open in Multi-User mode.’
- Launch the file and check the status of QuickBooks error 6073 9901.
3- When the company file is put in a read-only network folder.
- Navigate to the computer that’s hosting the file.
- Launch the folder where the company file is stored.
- Right-tap on the folder and choose ‘Properties.’
- Navigate to the ‘Security’ and choose the user with login issues. Tap ‘Edit.’
- Now, tap ‘Allow,’ and then ‘Apply.’ Then, tap ‘OK.’
Rename your network data file
You need to rename your network data file with a . ND extension if you find that you still cannot resolve this error. These are the network files in QB that permit it to access company files over a network. For renaming the file, go through these steps.
- Open your ‘Windows Explorer’ by right-clicking on the ‘Start’ button.
- Next, locate the folder that has the file you want to open.
- Right-click that file with the.ND extension, which corresponds to. QBW extension.
- Now add OLD at the end part of the network data file having.ND extension. Press ‘Enter.’
- Navigate back to QuickBooks and open your company file once again. This issue would have been fixed.
Also Visit: How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Make Use of Quick Fix my Program
Another great built-in tool of the QB tool hub is the Quick Fix MY Program. It closes the background processes that are used by QuickBooks and starts a repair on the whole program. You can use it to fix QuickBooks error -6073. Adhere to the steps given below for running Quick Fix my Program.
- Launch QuickBooks tool hub and tap the ‘Program Problems’ tab.
- After that, tap ‘Quick Fix my Program.’
- Begin QuickBooks and open your company file.
The QuickBooks error 6073 can be effectively resolved through several methods. You can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve the problems associated with the damaged company file. You can also fix the error manually according to the scenario that’s specific to it. Renaming the network data file with a . ND extension can also fix the error. Employ the Quick Fix my Program tool to repair the whole program. In case of additional troubleshooting assistance, connect with the QuickBooks customer team.