QuickBooks is efficient and responsive accounting software that is popular among various medium and small businesses. Although the software increases user productivity, you can also encounter a myriad of errors while using it. Among them, QuickBooks error 61 is quite common. It is typically a result of a corrupted file or malfunctioning hardware. It can also arise when the QB program experiences problems with the .NET Framework or Windows registry. If you have been dealing with this error, then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll read about all the possible measures you can take to fix this error successfully.
What are the Main Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 61?
Many factors result in this error in QB. You can discern what’s behind this error on your QB software by going through the list of causes below.
- The error can arise if the framework is abruptly shut due to a power cut or any similar reason.
- If an application segment or framework activity is unable to run, it will result in this error.
- An issue in framework activity can also be the reason for error 61 in QB.
- Missing registry passage is also another cause.
- If your system is under attack by malware or virus, you’ll likely experience this error.
Also Read: How To Record Vendor Refund In QuickBooks Desktop?
Points to Remember before Fixing QuickBooks Error 61?
Before you start implementing the troubleshooting steps, it’s important to look at a few things. They are mentioned below.
- Ensure that you have the most current QuickBooks desktop application version.
- Scan your system for any antivirus or malware.
- Install a register cleaner application for repairing the Windows registry problem.
How to Fix Error 61 in QuickBooks?
It's not difficult to resolve the QuickBooks enterprise error 61. Just follow the different solutions mentioned below.
Utilize QB Rebuild Data
You can use QuickBooks Rebuild Data to eliminate error 61. Use it as follows.
- Choose ‘Utilities’ in the ‘File.’
- After that, tap ‘Rebuild Data.’
- After you receive a backup company file message, click ‘OK.’
- If you get the message ‘QuickBooks is not responding’ wait for a while for the message to appear.
- Click ‘OK’ when you get the message ‘Rebuild has completed.’
Restore QuickBooks Company file
Before you begin to restore your company, you should create a backup of it. After that, follow these steps to resolve error 61.
- Navigate to the ‘File’ tab. Tap on it and choose ‘Restore Company.’
- Launch a company file and tap ‘Next.’
- Look for the ‘Backup company file’ on your system. Tap ‘Open.’
- Adhere to the instructions you see on the screen.
- Tap ‘Update now. Now abide by the directions you see on the screen for the backup.
- The last step is to tap ‘Yes.’ After the file gets updated, save it at a secure location.
Update company file
Open the current version of QB Desktop. Follow these steps for updating the company file.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and tap ‘Open or Restore Company.’
- Select the option ‘Open a corporation file’ and tap ‘Next.’
- Search for your file and tap ‘Open.’
- When the window of ‘Move Company File’ appears, adhere to the guidelines you see on the screen.
- Note the knowledge that you find inside the section of ‘Update company file for brand spanking new Version.’
- Tap ‘Update Now’ and abide by the instructions.
- Tap ‘Yes’ when you view the message, ‘You are close to opening a corporation file employing a newer version of QuickBooks… Does one want to continue?’ Copy the backup and locate .qbw files.
- After you locate the file, tap on the ‘Payroll service’ and select ‘Account Info/Process.’
Update your QB software
Updating the QuickBooks software is another efficient way to fix the QuickBooks enterprise error 61.’ Tap the ‘Help’ menu on QuickBooks and proceed with the following steps.
- Choose the option of ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- After that, click the ‘Update Now’ button.
- Next, see for the update if it is available and then hit ‘Get Updates.’
- Download the update and when the download process finishes, close the QB software. Then open it again.
- You’ll notice a popup window that will ask you for an update.
- You should tap ‘Install’ or ‘Yes’ to begin the update.
- After the update finishes successfully, restart your system. It will resolve error 61 in your software. But if you find any issues during this process, connect with QuickBooks support.’
If all the other ways do not yield results, you can try this method. For merging the account, launch QuickBooks as an administrator. Then follow these points.
- Tap the menu option of ‘Lists.’
- After that, choose the option of ‘View.’
- Hit the option of ‘Re-sort list.’
- After you are done with it, verify your company file and see if the error persists.
- If you find the same error again, create a new account. After that, merge it with the existing account that’s corrupted.
- Next, reboot your system. Then open the file once more to inspect for the error.
Repair your PC with the Reimage repair tool
You can use this tool to clean your system and find its condition. Follow the steps below.
- Download the re-image repair tool.
- Tap ‘Yes’ for the installation to begin.
- Reimage utility will thoroughly clean your system.
- The tool will also indicate any damages to your PC and suggest repairs.
- Tap on ‘Start Repair.’
- Start your system again. Launch QuickBooks after restarting your PC and see whether the problem is resolved.
QuickBooks error 61 can put a halt to your productivity, especially when it arises unexpectedly. But now you know the various ways to resolve it quickly. However, if even after implementing these methods you find the problem persisting, it's best to get expert QuickBooks help. The professionals will fix all your technical concerns.