QuickBooks accounting software requires no special introduction. It is one of the best and most used accounting software, which has simplified the method folks used to carry out their accounting as well as bookkeeping activities. Despite being the most demanding software, it has so many technical errors as well that could be very irritating for the users. QuickBooks desktop won’t open or even won't open after the update issue is one of the most maddening errors that leave the user in a surprising state. If you are also facing any such issue and seeking a quick solution to QuickBooks that won’t open problems then you have landed in the perfect place.
In this blog post, you will find the causes and fixes to QuickBooks that won't open the company file or won't open after an update issue. So before wasting much time, let’s start…
What Is QuickBooks Won’t Open Problem And Why It Occurs?
Most of the time, this particular issue is seen when users attempt to open the QuickBooks desktop. Just after opening a pop-up comes with an error message asserting QuickBooks desktop won’t open or doesn’t start. Though in some situations no error may display on the screen, the system freezes unexpectedly. As a consequence of this error, the user may face problems with the system as well.
What Causes QuickBooks Won’t Open Error?
If we talk about the major cause of this particular error then the list is not so long. There could be two-three reasons that can effortlessly end up with QuickBooks won't open after an update or doesn’t start a problem. So, let’s have a quick look at some of the most common reasons:
- The first and foremost factor could be a corrupted hard disk.
- The second reason could be a very large company name.
- If the user has an outdated operating system, then maybe he/she faces this technical glitch.
- the Wrong installation of QuickBooks desktop can lead to this technical error.
- In case of a missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file then you surely end up in this particular error.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
Some of the symptoms of QuickBooks won’t open error are stated below:
- Sometimes, QuickBooks desktop freezes while running similar applications.
- Most probably, you are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- Your laptop or computer system freezes periodically.
- QuickBooks is not installed correctly.
- Your PC responds lethargically to the mouse as well as keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks Company file was unsuccessful to open.
Simple But Effective Techniques To Fix QuickBooks QuickBooks Won’t Open
Now that you perfectly know what reasons might cause the problem. It is a perfect time, to begin with, the fixation processes. So, first, you need to read all the methods and then find out which one works well for the problem you are facing. Let’s start:
Method 1: Running Quick Fix My Program From QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: You need to download and install the QuickBooks Tool hub
- For this, you require to close QuickBooks.
- After that download the QuickBooks tool hub file form here. While doing this, you need to save the file where it can be opened effortlessly.
- The subsequent step is to open the downloaded file.
- And strictly follow all the instructions displayed on-screen for installing the tool and also tick an agreed box to the terms and conditions.
- Next, you need to click twice the icon on the windows desktop just to open the tool hub.
- QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 2: Run Quick Fix My Program
- After the QuickBooks tool hub is downloaded to the laptop or computer system, the user needs to run the quick fix of my program.
- For that choose the program problems in the tool’s hub.
- And afterward, pick a quick fix for my program.
- Program issues - QB tool hub
- Now choose the start QuickBooks desktop and then open the data file.
Method 2: From QuickBooks, Tools Hub Try To Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- In this solution, you are first required to open the QuickBooks tools hub that was downloaded before.
- After opening, choose the installation issues.
- Now, select the QuickBooks to install the diagnostic tool and then let it run.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- This may take a lot of time which would be around 25-30 minutes.
- After the tool finishes its task, you are supposed to reboot the system.
- Now it’s time to start QuickBooks and happily open the data file.
Method 3: File From A Different Folder Location Try To Open Company
Several times, the location of the company file may get damaged or corrupted that eventually leading to this error. The important but simple steps involved in this procedure are stated below:
- Primarily, press Windows + E keys together.
- Now, seek the data file with the .qbw file extension.
- When you seek a file location on a network server, that requires browsing to the network drive on which the data file is placed.
- Afterward, you need to right-click and press copy.
- After that locate the C: drive and make a new folder there.
- Now, name that QBTEST.
- Then open the new QBTEST folder and paste the company file.
- Also, open QuickBooks and strongly hold the CTRL key.
- Towards the finish, you are required to press open or restore an existing company and scrutinize the C:\QBTEST folder that was built.
- No company open window
- At last, you require to open the company file copied in the QBTEST Folder.
Method 4: Do A Clean Installation Of QuickBooks
Several times, the clean installation of QuickBooks quickly resolves so many errors. So, it is suggested:
- Immediately uninstall and then re-install the QuickBooks desktop.
- This procedure could be very useful in resolving the QuickBooks won’t open issue.
- Though, if this option doesn’t work, you can also check out the other written options in this blog post.
Method 5: Rebooting The System
There could be certain errors that can be resolved by just restarting the laptop or computer system. Therefore, users are recommended to:
- Open the Start menu.
- After that click on the power tab, followed by choosing the restart option.
- When the restart process is finished, you can open QuickBooks desktop.
- Then check if the error persists.
Method 6: Creating A New Windows Admin User
- In this procedure, you are first required to click the control panel and then try to navigate through it.
- After doing that, double-click the user account and next manage the user tab. In addition to this, click the add tab.
- Once finished with that, now you are required to enter the name as well as the domain of the admin and strike the OK button.
- Afterward, pick an administrator, if you are using Windows 10.
- Now then click finish, which will lead to the user accounts dialog box and also click OK and now you are good to go.
All the above-mentioned methods will facilitate you to resolve QuickBooks won’t open problems on your own. If the why won't QuickBooks open issue still occurs, then immediately call QuickBooks Support service center.