Do you encounter a QuickBooks error 6150 while opening the company file? Many do and here we have come up with the best solutions. First, let’s discuss what error 6150 is.
The error is a member of QuickBooks error series 6000 and appears as QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006. Usually, it occurs when a user tries to open, create, or use a QB company file. An error message for this will be shown up as “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.”
In that case, you can take QuickBooks Support or can fix the issue yourself following this guide.
What Are Causes And Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 6150?
Here, in this section, we will discuss the factors that trigger the error QuickBooks error 6150 to occur. Further, we will also read about the symptoms with which you can easily detect the error type.
Causes that trigger the error 6150:
- The company file(s) with extension .QBW is damaged.
- An impartial or corrupt QuickBooks installation.
- Presence of virus in your computer or the company files.
- Incorrect or misspelled extension for the QB file.
- Trying to open a portable file while the QB desktop is closed.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Symptoms to identify the error 6150:
- When the error occurs, it crashes the active window.
- Instant QB error message on the screen with error code 6150 or 1006.
- Repetitive window crash.
- The system performance has gone slower than usual.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
By now, you are aware of the trigger factors of its occurrence and can also identify whenever it occurs. Now is the time to fix the QuickBooks error code 6150. For that, we have explained the solutions in the easiest manner.
Quick fixes to eliminate the error 6150:
These are the quick fixes that you can perform moving to the detailed solution. Sometimes, the error is eliminated using them.
- If the error is related to the file extension then you can fix it by changing the “file extension.” it can be a misspelled or incorrect file extension.
- Next, you should verify if the company file is accessible on another system. It will help you understand the genuine spot of the error.
- Then, check for QB updates. If an updated version is available, proceed with it.
- Update with a reliable and robust anti-virus.
Solution 1: Restore A Backup Of The Company
While you restore the file, decide in which version you want to open the company files. Because once a company file is converted to the updated version of QB, you can not access it in the older version.
However, if you wish to open the same file in the previous version as well, then create a backup file using that version.
Steps to restore a backup of the QB company file:
- Launch QuickBooks and select the option File.
- Now, select “open and restore company.”
- Choose “local backup.”
- Browse the location, select the file you want to create a checkup for.
- Choose the “company file backup” from the drop-down list.
- Click on “backup” and ensure that the extension is “.QBB”
- Click on“
- Head to the drop-down list on the active window and select “save in.”
- Choose the desired location to restore the file location
- Enter the name of the file in the field “File-name”, and click save.
- Confirm by clicking
- Permit to overwrite or delete the older files by clicking Yes.
Solution 2: Recover Lost Data Via QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool is an essential feature of QB. It recreates the lost transaction using the current transaction log files and the copy of the company files.
Further, transaction of last hours or complete data loss is also recoverable by the ADR tool.
- The tool is accessible to QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprises.
- It’s incompatible with QB Accountant.
- Files exceeding the limit of 1.5 GB are incompatible to recover.
- Keep QuickBooks updated with the latest maintenance release.
Solution 3: Create QuickBooks Desktop Company File
QuickBooks records the financial data of a company hence, it is suggested to create a new company file from scratch.
Steps to create QB Desktop company file:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Head to the “No company open window” and create a new company file.
- Go to QB Setup Window and fill in the necessary details.
- From here, select “create a company .”
- Cannot access previous data.
- Cannot share the Desktop file over any network.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032?
Solution 4: Checking For Crypto Wall Virus
Certain cases of QuickBooks error -6150 due to Crypto Wall have also been noticed. It restricts users to access the QuickBooks accounting software.
Steps to check and eliminate the Crypto Wall:
- Launch the Windows Start menu.
- In the search bar, type File Explorer and select to open it.
- Now, look for the QuickBooks folder and open it. It can be located in drive C.
- Finally, find the files that have decryption or instructions. It can be a ‘.txt’ or ‘.html’
Note that, if you cannot find any file that meets the description, your system has no issue with the Crypto Wall virus. However, if there appears to be any file then you need to connect to an anti-virus service provider as soon as possible.
Want To Connect With Experts
We hope that with the solutions mentioned above, the issue of QuickBooks error 6150 is resolved. Nonetheless, we are always here to assist you with our technical experts who have dealt with sacral QuickBooks errors across the world. Hence, if you need any help or suggestion, then also simply connect with us. Our team is all ready to help you 24/7.