The Most Effective Fixes for QuickBooks Error OL-222
QuickBooks is highly efficient accounting software. However, it is also known for the different types of errors that it encounters. Long-time QuickBooks users are aware of the various problems that can crop up when they are downloading, installing, and using the software. When a user imports a QBO file from their bank to QuickBooks for Mac, they can see the QuickBooks error OL-222.’ This error can negatively impact their accounting tasks. It might also bring their important accounting projects to a sudden halt. But the great thing is that there are various fixes to resolve this error code. In this article, you’ll find the different ways by which you can troubleshoot this problem.
- 1 What Does QuickBooks Error OL-222 Mean?
- 2 Why Do QuickBooks Error OL-222 Occur?
- 3 What Are the Signs of QuickBooks Error OL-222?
- 4 Measures to Take on Finding QuickBooks Error OL-222
- 4.1 1- Manually update QuickBooks
- 4.2 2. Rectify the QBO file format
- 4.3 3. Replace the FIDIR.txt file
- 4.4 a- Download QuickBooks for Mac
- 5 Final Words
What Does QuickBooks Error OL-222 Mean?
It is an online banking error. QuickBooks error code OL-222 is likely to occur when the person is attempting to import their company files. You will see this technical error in QuickBooks appearing on your computer screen when you attempt to import your company file QBW from the official website of your bank. This error can impact the productivity of the user.
In simple words, this error happens when the application does not get the right response from the financial institution of the user. This error code is quite similar to the one people often encounter when using online banking in QB. You will see the message ‘QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution (OL-222).’
Why Do QuickBooks Error OL-222 Occur?
This error code can result from a myriad of factors. It’s essential to know about them so you can gain a better understanding of this specific error code. Some of the highly probable reasons behind it are as follows.
- The presence of a scan error in the server response.
- The presence of unsupported characters in the QBW file.
- An irregular formation of the QB company file can also result in this error code.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop.
- It is also possible that your QuickBooks company file has this error.
- When a third-party software conflict with the QFX (Open Exchange Standards) operations, this error code also appears.
- The.QBO file name is opposed to the financial institution’s compliance.
- A poor internet connection.
- The presence of multiple invalid entities in your QBW file.
What Are the Signs of QuickBooks Error OL-222?
You can identify OL-222 QuickBooks errors by noticing their different symptoms. Look out for the following signs.
- You’ll not be able to import the company file that you downloaded from the website of the bank.
- You will notice an error message continuously popping up on your screen.
- You cannot execute the various banking features when this error occurs.
Measures to Take on Finding QuickBooks Error OL-222
You can start by updating your QuickBooks and move on to other troubleshooting measures if the error refuses to leave your system. All these measures are explained in detail below.
1- Manually update QuickBooks
Start by manually updating your QuickBooks. Then, you can move on to backing up the QB company files.
a- Update QB Desktop to its latest version
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on the page of ‘QuickBooks Updates &Download.’
- Choose your version, country, and product via the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the option of ‘Search.’
- Make sure to mark ‘Critical Fixes.’
- Navigate to the ‘Get Updates’ button.
- Now, download and install the files.
b- Backup QB company file
- Tap the ‘File‘ menu.
- Next, tap on the option of ‘Backup Company.’
- You will view the options Local Backup and Online Backup. Select ‘Local Backup.’
- Tap ‘OK.’
- Select a location for saving the backup file on your device.
- End by tapping the ‘Save’ button.
After you have completed updating the QB software and made a backup for company files, you can begin importing QBO files.
2. Rectify the QBO file format
As mentioned before, if your QBO file name has more than a single character, it can result in QuickBooks error code OL-222. It is because these characters are against the rules of the OFX. So, you must rectify the format of your QBO file. The process to do so is not very difficult. Just follow along with these points.
- Start by right-clicking the ‘QuickBooks Company File.’
- After that, choose the ‘Edit‘ button via the drop-down.
- Next, launch the file in your desired text Editor.
- After doing that, tap the option of ‘Find‘ in the text editor.
- Now you must select the unnecessary characters. These include ‘&’ or ‘amp’ text.
- Remove these characters.
- After doing so, tap the ‘File‘ menu.
- Now save your changes by clicking the ‘Save’ button.
- Once you are done with these steps, quit the edited file. Later on, you can attempt to import the QuickBooks Online file to confirm if this particular error has been fixed or not.
3. Replace the FIDIR.txt file
If you find the method given above working efficiently, you can remove the old FIDIR file. After that, replace it with a fresh one. But remember to make a backup of the company files. Also, note that all the QB windows are closed. After that, follow these points.
a- Download QuickBooks for Mac
- Start by holding down the ‘Control‘ key on your keyboard.
- After that, tap on the version of your QB software for Mac. This is the version that you are utilizing at present to download the correct file.
- Next, download QuickBooks for Mac.
- choose ‘Download Linked File As‘ and then save the file at a place on your desktop.
b- Remove old FIDIR.txt file
I- Remove the FIDIR.txt file from the download folder.
- Hit the ‘Option‘ key and navigate to the ‘Finder‘ menu.
- Next, tap the button of ‘Go.’ Follow it by choosing the ‘Library‘ option.
- After that, search for the folder of ‘Download.’
- Now drag the FIDIR.txt file and shift or move it to the trash folder.
- Lastly, empty the trash folder after that as well.
II- Take away or remove the FIDIR.txt file from the folder of resource
- Start by tapping the ‘Go‘ button. It is present on the top menu bar.
- Navigate to ‘Applications.’
- Next, hit the ‘Control’ key.
- Select ‘QuickBooks 20XX.’ XX displays the QuickBooks software version that you are using.
- After doing so, select the option of ‘Show Package Contents.’ It’s present in the contextual menu.
- Double-tap the folder of ‘Contents.’
- Now locate and drag the FIDIR.txt file and shift it to the trash folder.
- Lastly, empty the trash folder as well.
- After you execute these steps, copy the FIDIR.txt file that you saved on the desktop. Then, paste it to both the ‘Resources‘ and ‘Download‘ folders. It will undoubtedly resolve this specific error code that is troubling you. Once the error code resolves, you can import the QBO file.
These are some of the most effective resolutions that you can try when you encounter QuickBooks error OL-222. One of them will surely help you overcome this problem and start using your software optimally. But do not worry if you still find that this error hasn’t gone. You can contact expert QuickBooks customer support services. The professionals will put to rest any query you may have about using the software.