Fix QuickBooks Error H303 by Using the Best Measures
Although QuickBooks is amazing accounting software, there are also many errors that users generally encounter. QuickBooks error H303 is a fairly common issue that comes up because of additional configuration settings while communication between the two systems is being set up. The main cause for this error is accessing the company file located on a different system and the PC needing additional set-up and installation. Users who face this error can feel stuck and will not be able to access their company files. In this article, you’ll understand the causes of this error and what you can do to fix it.
- 1 What Causes QuickBooks Error H303?
- 2 Ways to Resolve the QuickBooks Error H303
- 3 Final Words
What Causes QuickBooks Error H303?
Error H303 can occur due to various causes. Below are some of the prevalent reasons for this error.
- Incorrect or damaged.ND file.
- Blockage of the communication procedure of the company file by Firewall.
- The inability of the accounting software to obtain company files hosted by the IP address or the server.
- Improper computer network.
- Faulty hosting configuration settings.
Ways to Resolve the QuickBooks Error H303
Multiple troubleshooting techniques can help you resolve QuickBooks H303 errors. All of these measures are discussed in detail in the subsequent sections. But before you start reading and using the measures, it’s best to check the hosting settings. For verifying hosting settings, hit F2 when the software is running. Here you will find the Product Information window. You can find the hosting setting at the lower left part of the window. The host multi-user option must be switched off in all the workstations.
Here are some proven ways to resolve the H303 error message and use the software efficiently.
1- Use the QuickBooks Tools Hub on the server
The QuickBooks Tools Hub fixes various common errors that people might encounter when using the application. It helps fix error H303 as well. Follow the points explained below to install the QuickBooks Tools Hub and fix this specific error.
- Close your QB application. After that, download the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Next, launch the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file. After you do that, adhere to the instructions on your screen to install it correctly.
- Once you find that the installation has finished, double-tap the ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub’ icon on your desktop. Sometimes, it may be possible that you won’t find it present on the desktop. In this case, search for it by hitting the Windows’ Start‘ button.
- Now you must run the QuickBooks database server manager on the server.
- Choose ‘Network Issues‘ when you find the QuickBooks Tools Hub opening.
- Next, tap ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager.’ After that, tap the ‘Start Scan option.
- You will find that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager automatically repairs common problems with firewall permissions.
- When you find the scan has been completed, tap ‘Close.’
- Now check if the QuickBooks H303 error has been resolved. You can do so by opening QuickBooks on every workstation.
- Alternatively, you can also go to ‘File‘ and choose ‘Switch to Multi-user Mode.’ If it gets done, it means your problem is fixed.
2- Make use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You can also fix QuickBooks error code H303 through the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. It is a highly efficient tool that can fix various kinds of QB errors. File Doctor can fix all H series error codes like H202, H101, H505, and H303. Follow these steps below to use this tool.
- Ensure that QuickBooks is installed on the server.
- Once you have installed it, run the tool.
- Choose ‘Company File Issues‘ from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Tap ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When the file doctor tool launches, choose the company file from a drop-down menu on your screen. You can also browse and search to locate the file.
- Choose the middle option of ‘Check your file.’ Then, tap ‘Continue.’
- Input the QuickBooks admin password.
- After that, select ‘Next.’
- Adhere to the instructions you see on the screen to fix this error.
- Now, the error H303 that is associated with QuickBooks multi-user hosting will get resolved.
3- Cross-check the services on the server
The services need to run on your server computer. You must inspect for ‘QuickBooksDBXX‘ and ‘QBCFMonitoService‘ by adhering to the following points.
- Input ‘Run‘ on the Windows’ Start‘ menu and hit ‘Enter.’
- Input ‘MSc‘ in the ‘Run’ window.
- Now locate ‘QuickBooksDBXX‘ and double-tap it.
- Choose ‘Automatic‘ for the ‘Startup Type.’
- Now see that the service status is either Running or Started. If you don’t see it, select ‘Start.’
- Now tap the ‘Recover’ tab and select ‘Restart the Service‘ from the drop-down. You will find three drop-down menus, namely ‘First failure‘, ‘Second failure‘, and ‘Subsequent failures.’
- Tap ‘Apply‘ followed by ‘OK.’
4- Change the setting with Firewall authentication
You can also change the Firewall setting to fix QuickBooks error code H303. Follow these steps for it.
- On the open window, tap ‘Control Panel.’ Mark on the settings of ‘Firewall Authentication.’
- Now, select ‘Allow a program through the Firewall.’
- Next, navigate through the exception list and select ‘Add Programs‘ and ‘Add QuickBooks 20xx.’
- After this process completes, start QuickBooks again for verifying the changes you’ve made.
5- See whether your QuickBooks settings are correct or not
You also need to see whether you have the right QuickBooks settings or not. To check the settings, follow these steps.
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks software in multi-user mode.
- Now you have to choose the selected folders on both devices.
- Next, tap the ‘File‘ option and choose ‘Utilities.’
- Tick on the option of ‘Stop hosting multi-user configuration.’
- Now, tap ‘Turn on hosting‘ from any of the PCs.
- Navigate to ‘Utilities‘ and choose ‘Host multi-user configuration.’
- In the end, start your system again on both the systems with the changed configuration settings.
Now you won’t find it difficult to fix QuickBooks error H303. All these resolutions are effective at eliminating this error. But if the H303 error persists, feel free to avail yourself of expert QuickBooks customer support services. The professionals will diagnose and troubleshoot all technical glitches in the software.