QuickBooks is suitable software for managing the finances of all small and medium-sized businesses. It is however sufficient enough to gain users’ attention and fulfill their accounting tasks very smoothly. But at the same time, there are some certain errors that can hinder your work efficiency. One such common error is QuickBooks Error 1712, which is often encountered while installing QuickBooks Online. During installation, you will receive a warning message saying:
“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.”
Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
Also Read: How Do I Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Don’t panic! If you get this error message as this post has the productive solving guide. Moreover, contacting our top-most QuickBooks Support team can be the alternative option for you to fix this problem. So, make us a call at the toll-free number anytime and frequently discuss your issues with our certified professional techies.
When QuickBooks Error 1712 Occurs?
You can more often confront QuickBooks Install Error 1712 when the Windows operating system gets damaged. You can also come across this fiscal issue if any system files or Microsoft components used by QuickBooks are damaged. Hence, corruption in the Windows system won’t allow you to access your QuickBooks account.
Possible Reasons For QuickBooks Error 1712
There can be several factors triggering QuickBooks Installation Error 1712. Some of which are listed below, take a brief look:
- If there are damaged data files on the QuickBooks desktop.
- QuickBooks might be installing in the corrupted/damaged folder.
- Some malicious programs such as adware, spyware, and viruses attack your system.
- It happens due to come Windows registry errors or corruption in your software.
Different Effective Solutions To Quickly Resolve QuickBooks Error 1712
We have compiled fruitful directives to sort out QuickBooks Installer Error 1712 within a couple of seconds. Therefore, check out the solutions noted below and implement one after another till the error code displays. Stop following the next solution once the error issue gets disappeared from the root. Now, let’s begin:
Solution 1: Ending All Processes in Task Manager
First and foremost, what you should actually perform is, ending current running processes in the task manager. Here’s how:
- First, press the “Ctrl + Delete” keys simultaneously.
- And then, select the “Processes” tab.
- Afterward, select “End process” in the task manager.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Now, you can again start installing QuickBooks on your computer. If still finding the same problem, continue fixing with the next step.
Solution 2: Run ‘Quick Fix My Program’ Using QuickBooks Tool Hub
Execute the following instructive instructions to do this:
- First of all, close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, download “QuickBooks Tool Hub” on your PC.
- Save the file at the location where you can easily find it.
- Now, go to the folder where you have saved the file and then click on the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file.
- Now, follow the on-screen commands to install the tool hassle-freely.
- Once the installation process completes, click the “Finish” tab.
- Now, open QuickBooks Tool Hub by clicking on its icon.
- Afterward, go to the “Program problems” tab and then place single tap on “Quick Fix my Program”.
- Finally, try installing QuickBooks once more to check if the issue has been resolved.
If unfortunately, you are still seeing QuickBooks Error 1712, step out for the next solution.
Solution 3: Modify The Application Data Path In The Windows Registry
Carry out the underneath points accordingly to do this:
- First, click on the “Start” button.
- Now, you are required to search for “regedit.exe”.
- Afterward, enter the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUserShell folders
- Thereafter, place a double-tap on the “entry Appdata”.
- And then, replace the original value with the local profile path.
- After that, restart your PC; install QuickBooks to check for errors.
If QuickBooks Error 1712 persists yet, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Here’s how to remove QuickBooks Install Error 1712 via QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First, browse the official website of Intuit.
- Then, search for the QBInstall diagnostic tool and download it on your PC.
- Once the tool is downloaded, install it by following the on-screen steps.
- Moving ahead by closing all the system applications and the background running program.
- Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Right-click on QBInstall diagnostic tool to open it.
- Find the statement “I am having problems installing QuickBooks”.
- Now, click the “OK” tab.
- Finally, reboot your computer system and make sure that all the changes are made correctly.
If this guideline also doesn’t work in solving your problem, you can continue fixing using the upcoming solving guide.
Solution 5: Download And Install QuickBooks Desktop
Here’s how to download QuickBooks Desktop:
- Initially, visit the official QuickBooks download resources page.
- Then, opt for the “Change” option.
- Then, place a click on the “Product Edition” tab.
- In the next step, select the desired version from the version column.
- And then, finally, give a hit on the “Download” button.
Take A One-Stop QuickBooks Support Solution For Your QB Error 1712
I am just hoping that the aforementioned written tactics may help you out in eradicating QuickBooks Error 1712. If in case, none of the above fixing methods work, feel free to call us for QuickBooks Support. You can reach out to our QuickBooks expert team via the 24/7 helpline number. We are grateful to provide you quality technical assistance at your doorstep.