QuickBooks is an immensely powerful accounting software productive for small and medium-sized businesses. Such a finance managing program is being liked by several business organizers as it has various features that make the accounting work simple and effortless. However, it can’t also be denied that some of you may get stumbled with loads of technical glitches while using QuickBooks. One common error that is usually encountered while downloading QuickBooks payroll updates is QuickBooks Error 15311. In general, it occurs suddenly if your Windows fails to prove the digital signatures certificate for the QuickBooks applications. Anyways, there is an instant comprehensive guide discussed in this blog, apply to resolve the error 15311 soon. Let’s follow!
What is QuickBooks Error 15311?
QuickBooks Update Error 15311 is basically a run time error issue. This could take place during the installation of the program or while opening or shutting down the windows. Such a specific error appears on the screen along with the message statement. You will receive either of the following error messages:
- “QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully”
- “Cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”.
When the QuickBooks Service Profiles Update Error 15311 occurs, it crashes an active window and won’t let you update QBs payroll. This can be too annoying and immediately needs extensive skills to tackle this problem. Carrying out the procedure discussed in this post will aid you in resolving the QBs error 15311. So, make sure you read the post carefully from top-to-toe and find out the effective ways to troubleshoot the error.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 15311
You should have an idea of at what situation and time QuickBooks Error 15311 occurs.
- Update error 53111 occurs all of sudden on your display and at the same time crashes the active window program.
- Windows System time and again gets crashed with 15311.
- QuickBooks error itself appears on the screen.
- Windows run sluggishly and slowly respond to mouse or keyboard inputs.
- Computer System freezes for a couple of seconds or a minute.
Realistic Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 15311
There are certain possible reasons that could result in the appearance of QuickBooks Error 15311. Some of the common causes are enumerated underneath:
- A partial or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- If your system gets infected with Viruses or malware, then also QuickBooks Update Error 15311 probably crops up.
- QBs related files got mistakenly deleted, which could be the one apparent reason for this particular error.
- Most probably, Windows registry entries related to QuickBooks are corrupted or damaged.
- Interruption of other programs during downloading payroll updates could also be the one possible factor.
Efficacious Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 15311
In the order to cope with the QuickBooks Update Error 15311, adopt any of the below-stated methods. Let’s implement the following given methods.
Solution 1: Install A Digital Signature Certificate
Downloading and installing a digital signature certificate will be your one-stop solution to QuickBooks Error 15311. This is because it is purposely utilized as an identifier by your web-based applications. Thus, if it’s missing, you won’t be able to perform any task. Therefore, let’s install it first using the below-noted proactive steps:
- First and foremost, press the “Windows” key + “R” key on your keyboard to evoke the Run dialog box.
- Now, in the search box, type “QBW32.exe” and then hit the “Enter” key or “OK” tab.
- If the file is not visible, you can click on the “More Results” tab.
- Alternatively, you can navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks to find the QBW3.exe file.
- Now, put a right-click on the “QBW3.exe” file and select the “Properties” option.
- Afterward, give an instant click on the “Digital Signature” tab and then ensure that “Intuit inc.” is checked in the list.
- Next, click on the “Details” tab.
- After that, select the “View Certificate” option inside the digital signature details window.
- Now, you will land on the “Certificate” window and where you will see the “Install Certificate” option. Give a single tap on this install certificate tab.
- Now, keep clicking on the “Next” button till the “Finish” tab appears.
- Now, finally, click “Finish” to end the process.
- Thereafter, restart your computer system.
Check if the QuickBooks Service Profiles Update Error 15311 is fixed or still persists.
Solution 2: Verify Your Internet Connection Settings
Poor internet connection is also a reason behind QuickBooks error 15311. Therefore, you need to check your internet connection settings and ensure there is no issue.
- First, Check date and time settings is correct or not on your computer.
- If Cipher strength is lower than 128 bytes, then also payroll update error happens in QuickBooks. Therefore, you need to fix it as soon as you can.
- Furthermore, you need to check your LAN settings and ensure that SSL2.0 and SSL3.0 are marked on the “Advanced” tab.
- Apart from this, make sure TSL 1.2 is not marked.
- These verifications related to your internet settings could effectively help you in eliminating the QuickBooks Error 15311.
If it doesn’t work yet, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Remove/Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Related Entry
Uninstalling the QuickBooks-related entry could be your final resolution process. So, let’s try it out by following the given directives:
- First of all, click the “Start” button on your Windows.
- Once the start context menu opens up on the screen, select the “Programs and Features” tab.
- Search for the QBs Error 15311 in the new window.
- Now, press the QuickBooks related entry.
- Thereafter, click on the “Uninstall/Change” tab which is on the top menu.
- Afterward, go through the on screen prompts to complete the uninstallation of the QBs-related program.
Now, you can attempt downloading the Payroll Updates to check if the QuickBooks Error 15311 has been solved. If still, the same error persists, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Make Sure Correct Payroll Service Key Is Entered
- First, launch the QuickBooks application.
- Now, navigate to the “Employees” menu and select the “My Payroll Service” option.
- Afterward, give a click on the “Manage Service Keys” tab.
- Next, click the “Edit” tab and make sure that the entered key is correct.
- Then, place a click on the “Next” button and click the “Finish” tab
- In the end, reboot your computer system.
Solution 5: Run The Reboot.bat File To Re-register QBs Files
If you confront QuickBooks Error 15311 just because of the damaged QuickBooks-based registries, then simply run the Reboot.bat file to re-register entire QuickBooks files. To do so, proceed with the following guidelines:
- First, close open Desktop application.
- Now, place a right-click on the “QuickBooks” icon to open it again.
- Thereafter, make a selection of the “Properties” tab.
- Then, click on the “Open File Location” option and move to the “QuickBooks installation” folder.
- Afterward, search for the “Reboot.bat” file and right-click on it.
- Then, click on the “Run as Administrator” tab and verify your user admin credentials.
- Wait till the Reboot file re-registers all the QuickBooks files including the corrupted files as well.
- After that, a command prompt window will open and close automatically.
- Now, in the end, try to Update the QuickBooks Desktop application or payroll service once again. If the QuickBooks Error 15311 exists yet, execute the next solving tricks.
Solution 6: Reset QuickBooks Desktop Updates
Resetting your QuickBooks Desktop Updates will probably resolve your nasty QuickBooks Error 15311 problem. Let’s perform the following procedures accordingly to do so:
- First, open QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
- Next, go to the “Help” menu.
- Thereafter, click on the “Update QuickBooks” tab.
- Navigate to “Update Now” and mark a tick on the “Reset the Updates” checkbox.
- Now, click on the “Get Updates” button to download the updates of the application once again.
- Once you have installed the updates successfully, close the QuickBooks application.
- Now, reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Finally, go back to the “Update QuickBooks” window and click “Install Now” to begin the installation process.
Hopefully, this time the QuickBooks Update Error 15311 has been sorted out.
Need An Expert Advice? Dial 24/7 Live QuickBooks Support Number
If none of the aforementioned solving methods has helped you out in eradicating QuickBooks Error 15311, don’t feel bad! We, the highly experienced and well-professional technical squad are here to assist you. Make a connection with us via dialing the provided QuickBooks Support helpline number and frequently share the problem that you are facing. Let us handle your QuickBooks update error code 15311. Within a pinch, you will definitely get an effectual resolution process at your doorstep.