Techniques to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 15241 Quickly
Recently, many people who use the QuickBooks accounting software have reported various errors. These errors arise when they are working with the software or opening it. One of the most common ones is QuickBooks error 15241. The error happens when an individual attempts to update or download the payroll services. Another cause behind this error is when the FCS or QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service is disabled. If you too have recently encountered this error, there are various things you can do to resolve it. In this article, you’ll learn the root causes of this problem and the various workarounds you can implement.
What Does QuickBooks Error 15241 Mean?
This error code appears with an error message that states, ‘The payroll update did not complete successfully.’ The error can be a result of a damaged Microsoft Windows Installer or damaged installation of QB desktop. You’ll generally face it when you are updating the payroll. In the subsequent section, you’ll find the causes for this error in detail and effective fixes.
Why does QuickBooks Error 15241 Occurs?
Several reasons are behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Payroll error 15241. It can be the outcome of the following.
- Disabled QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service
- Corrupted downloaded file.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks.
- If the Windows registry files get corrupted, you will find this error.
- A trojan attack.
- Accidentally deleting some QuickBooks-related files.
- A blockage by the antivirus program.
How Can You Recognize Error Code 15241 in QuickBooks
You can find the presence of this specific error code in your software by knowing about its various symptoms. When this error occurs, QuickBooks will show the following signs.
- The QB Payroll error 15241 will appear on your screen.
- The program window will crash.
- Windows will run very slowly and gradually respond to your keyboard and mouse inputs.
- You will find an update alert in Payroll QuickBooks.
- You will find that you are unable to install the Payroll update.
What are the Ways to Fix Error Code 15241 in QuickBooks?
Depending on your Windows version, you need to follow different steps to fix the error. Keep reading to know the exact instructions you should implement as per your Windows version.
Windows 8, 7, and Vista users
If you are a Windows 8, 7, or Vista user, you need to first exit your QuickBooks Desktop. After that, implement the following steps.
- Click on the button ‘Windows Start’ on your keyboard.
- Now, right-tap on ‘My Computer.’
- Next, choose the ‘Manage’ tab.
- On the screen of ‘Computer Management’ tap ‘Services and Applications.’ It is present on the bottom-left part.
- You will notice the option of ‘Services’ on the right part of the ‘Services and Applications’ window. Double-click it.
- You will notice a list of services.
- Find and highlight the option of ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS.’ Double-tap on it.
- Proceeding forward, click the ‘General’ tab. Next, tap ‘Startup Type and then tap the ‘Manual’ tab.
- Click the button ‘Apply.’
- Next, choose the ‘Start’ option. Then select ‘OK.’
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now download the updates for its version.
- Lastly, update the payroll tax tables.
If you encounter QuickBooks error 15241 Windows 10, then you should tap on the ‘Search’ button on the Taskbar. Then locate ‘Computer.’ Right-tap on it and select the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Tap on ‘Services’, and from the left pane, choose ‘Applications.’
- In the right pane, tap ‘Services.’
- Place a double-tap on ‘Intuit QuickBooks FSC.’
- The next step is to tap on the option of startup type drop-down.
- From the startup window, choose ‘Manual.’
- Now, choose the ‘Apply’ button.
- Select the option of ‘Start’ and then choose ‘OK.’
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the product updates of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Lastly, tap on ‘Update latest payroll tax tables.’
Windows XP users should also begin by closing the QuickBooks Desktop. Now, follow the steps below.
- From the desktop, right-tap on ‘My Computer’ and choose ‘Manager.’ You will see the computer management screen opening.
- Navigate to the tab of ‘Services and Applications’ and choose ‘Services.’ You’ll find the services window opening.
- Go down and double-tap on the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FSC’ service.
- The window of ‘QuickBooks FCS’ will open.
- Tap on the ‘General’ tab and choose the ‘Startup’ type drop-down list.
- Now, choose the ‘Manual’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Open the QB Desktop again.
- Download all updates available for the QuickBooks Desktop product.
- Update the Payroll tax tables.
- Navigate to ‘Employees’ and tap on ‘Get Payroll Updates.’
- Choose ‘Download entire payroll update.’
- Choose the ‘Update’ tab.
- After the completion of the download process, you’ll see a message, ‘A new tax table and/ or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer.’
- Finish the process by tapping ‘OK’ to go through the changes which will be showcased on the screen.
Set QB for Automatic Update
It is an alternative resolution that you can try to fix the QuickBooks Payroll error 15241. By setting QuickBooks for automatic update, you don’t have to manually update it and its tools and applications. Follow the process described below to set the software for automatic update.
- Click the tab of ‘Help.’ After that, select ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop.’
- After that, navigate to the tab of ‘Option.’
- Tap ‘Yes.’ It will turn on the automatic updates.
- As the last step, tap ‘Close.’
Hopefully, this article will have provided you with all the information you need to effectively troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 15241. Follow the stepwise instructions as per your Windows version. But do not worry if you cannot fix this error code yourself. You can easily connect with professional QuickBooks support services in such a case. The experts will erase all your doubts about using the software and provide you with advanced troubleshooting assistance.